Ooh this is fun! subsonic music additions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well after finagling my soundblaster x-fi on my computer to be used as a configurable sound processor and PC XO, I found a plug in that is really kind of neat. It's Voxengo's LF-Max. This plugin takes an existing song or music track and generates sub frequency signals. I have had a lot of fun taking this thing and generating extra bass signals running around 20hz that really fills out some of the music I listen to.

Just a neat bass thing that I thought I'd share with all my bass crazy freinds on this forum. Novelty, yes. However kind of sweet at the same time.

Actually it can be used with subs. You can use it in the mixing too, so that the smaller speakers in the system sound as if they are playing a fuller range of the sound. One of Christina Aguilara's newer songs is reportedly mixed with MaxBass. I don't listen to her music so don't know how it sounds & feels. I haven't used the software program. Actually not even the hardware version yet. There are so many cool audio processors, speakers, amps, etc. I never have time - or money to try them all. People who I trust in their judgement of realistic audio, etc. have used similar devices or understand the technology and gave their thumbs up. People who wouldn't say it can be done if it couldn't be done.

Phat Pro

Hi,just to add,I use Phat Pro from Delaydots.com

It seems to work,its a VST plugin I use in Steinberg Wavelab 5.If you apply it to your mix,the waveform,when zoomed in,looks heavily distorted.I have also useda Direct X plugin, Lowpass filter from Hyperism.Load a wav file,make a copy,lowpass and Q adjust the the wav and paste it over the top of the original.You could shift the pitch lower as this lowers frequency,Did this in Soundforge.Hardest part,I don't have a sub on my PC so I monitor with headphones.

Thanks mikee55:att'n:
Watch your excursion,burn a disk and try it in your car.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.