New Sub finished with Rythmik Servo kit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Recently completed RythmikAudios Servo sub kit.
This has to be the most musical sub I have ever owned.

I used a Keller 16" dia. 10ply Maple drum shell as the tube, .75"
Red Oak end caps and 1.25" MDF end plugs. I braced the
baffle to the top end cap using 1.25" dia. Red Oak dowels.
Also used 1.25" dowels for the feet.
I used Min-wax Red Oak stain on the end caps and Colonial
Maple on the Maple tube, then 4 coats laquer.

You can see it here
and here

The only commercial subs I can compare it to are a HSU VTF2,
an old Yamaha with two 7" woofers and an old Paradigm. All ported.
I have 2 sealed DIY subs around the house, a Dayton DVC12 in a 2.5f^3 cabinet, and the TitanicIII 12 in a 2.2f^3 cab. Now don't get me wrong, these are very capable subs, but the Rythmiks musical presentation is just so much more defined. I can honestly say I have never heard bass with this much clarity, through a stereo.
Please excuse my gushing:D

Basham,

Nice work.

I had somebody else make my Rythmic cabinets since I didn't have your skills.

What have you compared the Rythmik subs to? Wish I could hear some over here in Australia!

That could be arranged when I finally get my theatre finished

http://www.avicalaustralia.com.au/photos/Speakers/

I have 2 Rythmik subs each in a sealed 60L enclosure built by Acoustic Concepts in Melbourne. Finish is Teak Stained Quilted Bubinga.

The Main speakers are Zaph Metals (Seas L18RNX/P and 27TBFC/G) running active with Hypex amps and DSP crossover.

It's all in kit form at the moment.

Aaron

Paul,

I'm a Home Theatre calibrator ISF and HAA certified, but I'm not selling anything - these are my private speakers for my own Home Theatre.

The prices for the cabinets were less than I could ever make them for and of course they look a whole lot better than I could ever achieve. I have no affiliation with Acoustic Concepts but they do excellent work.

Aaron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.