Adire DPL12

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
boostick4 said:
Does anyone know if the Adire DPL12 will ever be available again, or has it been discontinued? Does anyone have experience with this driver?

Thanks
Woody
i had a DPL and found it to have very much lower output then the Atlas 12 in the same enclosure. the DPL is rated at only 84db spl. i sold mine. it has decent sound quality but, very low output. :)

I built a sub last summer with a DPL-12 from one of Adire's old dealers. I first tried it in a vented enclosure tuned to 17 hz but quickly found out why they recommend this driver for sealed enclosures or infinite baffles. My first test track was the opening scene from Star Wars attack of the clones, the sub bottomed out on the ship explosion quite badly. It is working quite nicely in a sealed enclosure though. Sensitivity isn't all that hot, but that is why they put the volume control on the sub amp. It sounds pretty good with music and still gives enough bottom end for movies.

hope this was helpful

Kevin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.