extreme output bass. i need expert help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Simon5,

you are very confusing....

If he's got 4 drivers and they're wired to be the same load as a single driver(series-parallel, or parallel-series) they will automatically be +6db of efficiency so long as the center to center distance of their cones is less than one half of the wavelength of the highest frequency being reproduced.

Since there are four drivers the power handling is increased by 4, or 6db in other words making the Maximum output 12db greater for 4 drivers as compared to a single.

OK.

As my first experiement i've decided to use a 15 inch dayton dvc

i want to put it in 7 cubic foot box, heres what i came up with:

7 Cubic feet tuned to 33 hz with 3 4" ports never reaching more then 30 m/s with 600+watts. f3 of 30 hz

heres the anehoic spl:

HZ SPL
20 98
25 108
30 116
35 121
40 122
45 121
50 120
55 120
60 119
70 119
80 118
90 118

is this ok? anyone have any suggestions to get more output? i feel this is the most practical box for this sub for music, please give me your suggestions.

Anyone know anything about bandpass? i wouldn't mind seeing what kind of spl's could be achieved wiht bandpass. i no means to calculate that kind of box.

thanks

Linkletter

This one's for the "roadies"

Yes, remember wheels are your friend. It can be biult like a tank, but it's gotta roll. For example look at the Meyer 650P. Glorious design and heavy as all get out. Btw calling too many Local One members "roadies" up here can earn you a lifetime membership in the East River. ;)

As my first experiement i've decided to use a 15 inch dayton dvc, i want to put it in 7 cubic foot box, heres what i came up with:

7 Cubic feet tuned to 33 hz with 3 4" ports never reaching more then 30 m/s with 600+watts. f3 of 30 hz.

is this ok? anyone have any suggestions to get more output?

If you're still looking for something that will swamp similair pro designs, than you're, imo on the wrong way.

Typical 18" pro woofers have a sensitivity that's 6-7 dB higher than the DVC. A good 18" will take around 1000 Watts (up to 1500 Watts if processed properly). So your sub would need over 4000-6000 Watt just to keep up!

Click

If 35 -40 Hz is as low as you need to go, I would suggest any of these over the use of the Dayton (just horses for courses). If you're interested, this list can be brought down to just 1 or 2 units.

Just my 2 (euro)cents.

Wkr Johan

Typical 18" pro woofers have a sensitivity that's 6-7 dB higher than the DVC. A good 18" will take around 1000 Watts (up to 1500 Watts if processed properly). So your sub would need over 4000-6000 Watt just to keep up!

Either you've got it wrong or i do because my software tells me that in 9.5 cubic feet (tuned to 34hz) one 15 inch Dayton DVC is +/-1 DB from 50hz and down from an Eminence kilomax 18. for 1/3 the price.(thats maximum ouput by the way)

the kilomax 18 is +/- 2.5db from 100 hz to 30
the Dayton 15dvc is +/-4db from 100 hz to 30
they both have an f3 of 30 hz

the kilmax at 50hz can only handle 500 watts without reaching xmax

the dayton 15 at 45hz can handle 850 without reaching excursion.

i no longer see the point of pro sound drivers. except maybe the fact that you can get a litle more linearity up to 100 hz

Linkletter

(if you can correct me, be my guest)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.