sub for corner placement...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im almost finish with my tube projekt and im just beginning to think of what new speakers i should make.. now i have the proac clone..

the biggest concern is that the speakers placement is in a corner
see attacment.. is an 12" in a test cabinet

im not sure what kind of subwoofer i should go after.. it should be the bottom of the speaker so 1 or 2 units pr side max 12"

i would like to try dipol but is that ok in a corner??

the top is going to be something with an diy ribbon dipol and some kind of midrange..

Attachments

• dsc00348.jpg
    dsc00348.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 234
So you would have a total of 4 10" drivers? That could pack plenty of low end punch - how big is your room? I had two 10" sealed passive subs in an 1100 cu. ft. room, not even using "actual" subwoofer drivers, and they overpowered the rest of the system. Now I just have one active Peerless XLS 10", sealed 1.0 cu. ft., and it is plenty for my needs.

Now, I'm not a "bass freak" (no offense to you or anyone) - I listen primarily to music and look for accuracy and realism, so I simply want my bass to blend into the rest of the music, not stand out from it. But if you are into home theater and really want to bend the walls at the very bottom frequencies, then more/larger drivers/cabinets may be in order, and self-amplifed (active) highly recommended.

Lots of bass just gets muddy in smaller rooms. Perhaps you should think about starting out on the conservative side and go "modular" - try one 10" sub per side and see how that works for you. If you want more you can add on - just build additional subs and stack them and attach the enclosures to eachother if desired. Better this than overspending/building and finding yourself with stuff you now have to sell.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.