first completed sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just finished this sub.it uses the 10" vifa with a 300w kg plate amp in a 1.5cubc foot sealed box.3/4"mdf with 1.5" on the baffle and alot of bracing.i build it to go with my seas odin-i stained it to match.
i am quite pleased with this sub-it is extremly musical with nice punch.it does very well filling the bottom end

cheers
glen

Attachments

• subb 11.jpg
    subb 11.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 331
it's the ma26wr09-04,it's not a new sub and the only place i know to get it is madisound.the best i could find out is that it was a custom make for totem acoustic and a limited run.i plan to pick up a few more while they are still around.
i bult it a couple months ago and only now veenered it.
as for my impressions of the sub.i was looking for a good sub to match the sound of my seas odin and i think they are a good match.the bass is tight with lots of slam and not at all boomy..for music,it's the best sub i have ever heard.i was amazed at how low it went.i beleive the clain of 33hz in a 1.5cuft sealled box

glen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.