Dayton Titanic MKIII - sealed 50 litre sub

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pasted this in from another thread and wonderd if people had any opinions

The PartsExpress 12" Titanic Mark III models real well in a sealed box that size[50litres]. If you use a little boost at 20Hz, the response starts to fall at around 40Hz and is down 6dB at 22Hz or so. With room lift, that might be just about perfect. PE has recently published resistor values for adjusting the boost on their 804 240 watt plate amp, which has a 24dB lowpass filter. If I were going to build another sub, I think I might give that combination a try. I don't have any idea how much it would cost to ship the stuff to the UK.

On the PE website they have the Titanic partnered up to a 500w amp, I'm not sure if I could use this here in the UK as it doesn't say the power supply is switchable. Just wondered if the PE 250w amp would be OK to drive the Titanic ?

Also, not sure I want to go delving into the guts of the amp changing resistor values, a bit beyond me, wondered if this would have a big impact just using the amp 'as is' with the driver ? I'd appreciate anyones thoughts on these questions.

smallangryboy said:
Pasted this in from another thread and wonderd if people had any opinions

On the PE website they have the Titanic partnered up to a 500w amp, I'm not sure if I could use this here in the UK as it doesn't say the power supply is switchable. Just wondered if the PE 250w amp would be OK to drive the Titanic ?

Also, not sure I want to go delving into the guts of the amp changing resistor values, a bit beyond me, wondered if this would have a big impact just using the amp 'as is' with the driver ? I'd appreciate anyones thoughts on these questions.

I responded to this in the other thread. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53189&pagenumber=2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.