Stereosubs for Fostex FE206E-Fullrange??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !!

I´m planning to build stereosubs for FE206E speakers.
Something like Oris horn. I have tought that Peerless R.15 would be good driver for subs. Same drivers what are in Oris horn i had in mind, but they are too expencive.

So what kind of boxes i should use for FE206E and Peerless R15, when i want those Fostex drivers in small sylinder box like in Oris horn and 15" woofers under them?

You can also tell, that what kind of box is in Oris horn, because if i save some money and buy same drivers what are in Oris. I think thats AER Nd2 ?

Amp power for subs will be about 100W, so driver should be pretty sensitive.

I only want good sound quality. No need for ultimate SPL.

Thanks !!

Since you aren't trying to get full range out of your 206's, have you considered no boxes and just a small baffle? I really like my 206's on OB. I'm running OB for the bass too and I'm able to get away with 10" woofers and only a 17" wide baffle because I'm using them nearfield. Since you are biamping, you've got even more flexilbility than I have.

I have tried those 206:s in a baffle, but i didn´t like. I didn´t like midrange. It was a little bit snuffy.

I have those 206:s in 21 liter reflexbox tuned to 35Hz, and i like sound very much, but lower register is not good. It goes with some kind of music, but not with music, what consides deeper bass.

What you think of RCF L18P300? I think that would give deep and spesific bass, but is sound quality good?

http://www.usspeaker.com/rcf - L18P300-1.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.