Advent OLS Woofer quit. Advise please.

My OLS Advent woofer stopped working. The tweeter still works. The woofer still moves if i push it back and forth. OHM reading jumps around a bit but it is around 2.3 - 3.1. The other speaker works and OHM is steady at 8.6.

Is this indicative of a bad crossover cap? Can the crossover be fixed or should I just find a used on one eBay. I would prefer to repair the original if that is the issue.

Thank you.

My OLS Advent woofer stopped working. The tweeter still works. The woofer still moves if i push it back and forth. OHM reading jumps around a bit but it is around 2.3 - 3.1. The other speaker works and OHM is steady at 8.6.

Is this indicative of a bad crossover cap?
There are no capacitors in parallel with the Old Large Advent (OLA) woofer, don't know what "OLS" is.

The tweeter uses a series capacitor, if the capacitor blew open, the tweeter would not work. If the capacitor shorted, it could result in a low resistance, but the tweeter would have likely blown, taking it out of the circuit. Old caps may be ready to replace, but not likely a problem for the woofer.

The woofer may have shorted coil windings, or something else shorted out to it's terminals. The crossover construction in the Old Large Advents is pretty messy, the schematics and photos here might help you trace down where the problem lies:

The Large Advent Crossover Networks

Good luck.

In theory the spider leads could fail. These are the 2 flexible leads from the frame to the cone. I only mention
it because I had an Advent woofer with spider leads so long they managed to touch each other, weld together
and cause a small fire (I used to push them REALLY hard).

Check resistance at the tinsel leads- if you measure a normal resistance there, it is possible that the solder connections have gone "cold", cleaning and re-soldering could bring the driver back to life.

If the voice coil is toast/open, recone is still possible if the magnet has not shifted.