TH-Spud clone horn resp needed!

I am completely new to a lot of things… horn resp is one of those. I was hoping some compassionate and caring soul would do something for me. TH-Spud clones with planet audio AC8D speakers. If someone would be so kind as to model this scenario for me I would be forever in debt! Any takers?

Fqu8847,

The AC8D 10mm Xmax is only 20% less than the Tang Band W8-740P linked in post #2, but it's Fs is 39 Hz, compared to 30Hz (1/3 octave lower), and QTS is .633 compared to .288, over double.

The much higher QTS and Fs will result in far less low frequency output, and deeper LF response dips.

For a "Spud like" 19Hz TH, you should be looking for a driver with a lower FS, and much lower QTS.

Art

Attachments

• Tang Band W8-740P.png
    Tang Band W8-740P.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 207
  • AC8D TS.png
    AC8D TS.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 199
The Visaton GF 200 8" TS specs are about halfway between the AC8D specs and the Tang Band W8-740P.
Costs more, won't work as well as the W8-740P in the type of cabinet you are considering.

As a "compassionate and caring soul", I'd suggest using the driver that has proven to test well :goodbad:

Attachments

• Visiton GF200.png
    Visiton GF200.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 192
Weltersys I proudly commend you’re input! I am new to TH’s and there are several ideas, however,I really like the Spud my problem is the recommended driver is $120+still doable since money wouldn’t be an considering 4 of them but parts express the only place I can find them has a 50 minimum… not going to spend that much when I only would need 4.

MCM 55-2421 Any ideas on this one?

I just checked this driver in HR and it's pretty severely under-damped, though it won't be that bad in reality, peaking at ~111 dB/m/17 Hz/12 W/1 pi.

edit: inputted some measured TB W8-470P specs and it's actually a bit more under-damped, though weltersys' quite different specs are a near perfect overlay to it, so the 55-2421 at least sims a winner.

Attachments

• 55-2421_TH-Spud.txt
    1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I just checked this driver in HR and it's pretty severely under-damped, though it won't be that bad in reality, peaking at ~111 dB/m/17 Hz/12 W/1 pi.

edit: inputted some measured TB W8-470P specs and it's actually a bit more under-damped, though weltersys' quite different specs are a near perfect overlay to it, so the 55-2421 at least sims a winner.

Thank you GM! I will get to work ASAP!!!