Tang Band W8-2282 slim 8" subwoofer (Hobby Hifi 3/2021?)

Hi All

Does anyone have any experience in the Tang Band W8-2282 slim 8" subwoofer?

W8-2282 - 8"Subwoofer - TB SPEAKER CO., LTD.

The only review/test i know of is in the German magazine Hobby Hifi, 3/2021. I'm reluctant to order it, as its obviously in German, i wont be able to read it. If i could get a PDF copy, i could translate it well enough to understand.

I'm considering using them as underfloor speakers in a BMW. The BMWs have an enclosure under the seats that is pretty small but vents into the sill of the car. Having done some digging, ive seen a few people suggest they have determined the total box size to be about 0.8 cu ft, though its "leaky" i suspect.

BMW fit an 8" speaker in this space on all systems in the US. in the UK, the base system gets a 6.5" driver.

There are quite a few companies that make custom fit speakers for these enclosures. They are VERY expensive for what they are. The convenience of easy fitment has a high price tag in the car audio world.

With some work (which i enjoy) i would get these Tang bands to fit in the boxes. They model pretty nice in WinISD in the 0.8cu ft box, that may or may not be right.

There is no way to compare the custom fit speakers to each other as the specs are pretty much non existent. There are no meaningful reviews or comparisons of any of them either.

Any experience with these or something similar? ive seen the tang bands around for a few years now, what is the general opinions?

Thanks

Andy

I would give it a go. I've seen a pretty strong review on the 6" model and the power and volume requirements are a sweet spot. I may try it also with a passive radiator to try to get the most sound out of the lowest wattage.

The video I saw which uses it is called "Stereo Speaker & Subwoofer System BUILD with Tang Band 8" Coaxial - by SoundBlab"

I'm not sure why he chose it when he uses a relatively large box.. which appears to also be vented. But the results seem very good!