Just a heads up, Eminence NSW6021 21" subs discounted

Meanwhile for you folks in Canada.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.31.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 1.31.40 PM.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 168
Certainly not B&C and Beyma, which is why I use them!

Better check again.... assembly is done is their respective countries but parts are sourced all over the world.

I have drivers from Eminence, B&C, Beyma, Ciare, Faital Pro, Lavoce, 18 Sound, Radian, Peerless, Dayton, Oberton, Tang Band, etc.
They're all good quality products made with materials and labor from all over the world.

The global economy is very intertwined in all facets of life.

Yeah, +$214 for shipping. C'mon. I seem to recall getting two "Wharfdale" 18s - new - for $50 ea - free shipping. They must've really wanted to get rid of them...

I find it endlessly amusing when shopping ebay, how many sellers embed the amount they really want to get for something, in the shipping cost. As if people cant add.

On a technical note, I wonder if you biased such a speaker with a 5Hz "flap", whose amplitude is inverse modulated with envelope of the music signal the speaker is getting, that would help cool the VC in between grunts? Perhaps it doesnt take a lot of power to move the cone at such a low frequency. Someone should go get a patent on that...

The motion of the cone would create a lot of IM distortion between the tone you want and the 5 Hz bias. If you want your bass to sound like it’s being played underwater, go for it. I guess it’s a way to make hip hop music sound right when played at sane volumes. Make it sound like the system is overloaded :D

I would have thought that would rather depend on how loud you play the 5Hz. 30% of Xmax will pump some air around, but should keep distortion fairly low.

That said, I wouldn't want to be in an environment where 5Hz (and some harmonics) are played continuously.

Chris