Only need a budget subwoofer to complete my build

Hi,

I'm on a journey of building my first portable "boombox".
As this is on a really tight budget, over the past couple of months I have been gifted and buying several parts. It seems that the only thing I still need is the subwoofer.

A quick overview of what I already have:
- Arylic up2stream amp 2.1 2.1 Amplifier with 100W+50W *2 for DIY Audio-Arylic.com
– arylic

- Dayton audio LBB-5S with accessoires: LBB-5S 18650 21V Lithium-Akku-Platine mit Balance & Ladeschutz - SoundImports

For the speakers I have:
- 2 pioneer 2-way speakers: Support for TS-A6958 | Pioneer
- Dayton audio passive radiator 12 inch: Looking for a Dayton Audio DS315-PR woofer? - SoundImports

Now it seems that I only need a subwoofer to start building the enclosure.

I had my eye on the GRS 10SW-4:
Looking for a GRS 10SW-4 woofer? - SoundImports

Now, my knowledge for all the parameters of a subwoofer is not great, but I saw that the Qts is important for what type of enclosure it needs (sealed, vented) and it seems the Qts of the GRS is 0.63 and it seems like the passive radiator would not have a great effect on that?

Another subwoofer I was looking at is (which is already a lot more expensive) is the Visaton W 250 S - 4:
https://www.soundimports.eu/en/visaton-w-250-s-4.html

But that's more of a midwoofer I think? Seeing the frequency response.
But that woofer has a Qts of 0.35 which would maybe be better suited for the passive radiator?

Unfortunately my knowledge for all these different parameters is not great, so my questions would be:
- Would the GRS subwoofer be a good combination with the passive radiator?
- Or does anyone have a recommendation for a budget subwoofer which would go nicely with the rest of my parts?

Thanks in advance!

The Visaton W series is better than the price tag - my first steps were with Visaton W100s and W250s both performed very good!
If you have the chance to get your hands on a Dayton Woofer I guess it's the best bang for the buck :)
Gradient, Monacor and OmnesAudio have good performers in a low price range - and they are from europe - should be easy to get for you.
Greetings!

Thanks for the replies! I had not taken a look at the Dayton Audio because it is an 8 ohm + 8 ohm Subwoofer and that scared me haha.
But searching for this dual voice coil stuff online, how it works and how to wire it, does not seem so scary so it's currently at the top of my list, thanks again!

Sorry for my missing knowledge, but is 8 ohms really necessary/better if the specifications of the amplifier say:

2x50W@4Ω + 100W@2Ω BTL load at 24V
2x30W@8Ω + 75W@4Ω BTL load at 24V
2x22W@8Ω + 48W@4Ω BTL load at 19V
2x15W@8Ω + 30W@4Ω m BLT load at 15V

And my battery board outputs 21V, and the Dayton audio SD270A 8+8 ohms (which I'll wire in parallel so 4 ohms) is 80 watt RMS?

GM

Joined 2003
My bad, didn't go look at the amp's specs plus always assume a HIFI/HT's 8 ohm 'standard', so with only a 4 ohm option, 8+8 in parallel it is...........but if there was a lower power 8 ohm option, then yes, normally the better choice overall if lowest practical distortion is a performance goal.