Need help with two Jaycar CW-2198 subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I need some help, please.

I have two of these drivers. I can seem to calculate an ideal enclosure to make a sub with them.

I purchased these about 10 years ago, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't buy them again. From the response graph, they don't look like they go down low at all.

Woofer Speaker Driver - 10 Inch | Jaycar Electronics

Seems like a shame to chuck 'em in the bin, but am I just wasting my time with them?

Data in the attached .zip file

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions

Attachments

• data.zip
    256 KB · Views: 58
I have these in ported enclosures ~32 litres tuned to about 40 Hz if I recall correctly. The bass is surprisingly good. The response forms a sort of shelf, so you can't just look at the -3 dB point from the midband. They are running in an active speaker crossed at 150 Hz so I have some leeway in setting the levels correctly. I know they look pretty bad on paper but I've had them since 2010 and haven't felt the need to change them out yet.

The actual measurements were a fair bit different to the specs, but didn't change the overall response much when entered into the calculator. Usable output down to 30-35 Hz.

Attachments

• jaycar 10.JPG
    jaycar 10.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 86

GM

Joined 2003
The actual measurements were a fair bit different to the specs, but didn't change the overall response much when entered into the calculator. Usable output down to 30-35 Hz.

What I found interesting with the published T/S specs in a classic alignment [Vas/1.44, Fb = Fs] I got the over-damped shadow line response, which allowing for my smaller ~15.1 L cab is similar enough to yours, yet when I used Mmd, BL and let HR calculate Fs, Qts it flips to a slightly under-damped one. :bigeyes:

Attachments

• Jaycar CW-2198 specs comparison.PNG
    Jaycar CW-2198 specs comparison.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 64
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.