Please critique my hornresp sub design (offset tapered TL sub design)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I understand how complex the software is to use, but I'm actually having a lot of fun learning.

I find the LEM interface to be quite intuitive, and I think that anyone who has experience with SPICE simulation (with LtSpice for example) could learn to set up simulations with some guidance. If someone were to develop a spreadsheet to calculate certain values, such as acoustic masses for TL bends, impedance values for damping material etc.. and then made some explainer videos, I think akabak could be made more accessible to the amateur.

Can I ask how you are applying damping? Is this with wall impedance in BEM or with LEM acoustical resistance / damping factor for duct components?

The best way to learn Horn response was to attempt to reverse engineer someones design by a blueprint and a response with impedances. wiggle your idea of what youre looking at in blueprint dimensions until you close in on something.

The problem with akabak is the tool is only as good as the guy telling to be. the level of complexity in things being successfully built in horn response and repeated in do many difficult to build let alone describe to a software is pushed by both envelopes to the point of real.

You cant cant build what you cant see. But you can sim a million lies to yourself. If akabak was as good as anything regarding speaker building and sawdust results, then it would be creating the things it isn't

If there is anything akabak 3.0 can discover or make more apparent then horn response it might involve things not even being considered by those who assume its better or worse. There is one thing that is a potential huge difference. The location of landmarks inside the quarter wave based designs(not any in particular) are not the folds or specifics of that more often then not. But the more or less of that hides some very interesting things if a certain length gets bisected by a pipe harmonic for a specific freq and a bunch of scenarios that fall in place if that is used strategically.

Since i cant im that. Im just blowing hot air, lol!! But it doesnt leave some math and a mic to search for clues to more than what is often just a blur or an assumed boundary thing? if you get comfotable enough to make a tutorial it would be a very appreciated thing and deservingly so. Thanks in advance :D

I understand how complex the software is to use, but I'm actually having a lot of fun learning.

Can I ask how you are applying damping? Is this with wall impedance in BEM or with LEM acoustical resistance / damping factor for duct components?

The old version had only the damping factor, for a reflex I would choose 1 an empty case had 5 or 7 and a filled closed box around 0.1 (like hornresp.)
Now I try to find some way in BEM but it should enlarge the volume as well. I did that always by hand with data from real measurements compared.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.