AE TD15H Vented build

Hello again, resko1

I'm now reconsidering the horn design you recommended for the AE TD15H.

I figure that if rear-wall loading won't reinforce the lowest octaves sufficiently, I can always use my TAD TL-1801 subs for below 50-60Hz.

Is there other technical information available on the cabinet build—that is, in addition to what you have already so kindly published here?

I myself don't have the tools or skills to build the cabinets, but the fellow I bring my cabinet plans to (stewartspeakersystems.com) has built numerous horn-loaded cabs over the years. I just want to supply him with as much relevant information as possible.

Many thanks again! Joel.

Sending you a PM. I dont think you will have a problem reaching 35-40hz with the horn setup. And the thing i like most is it can play higher if it needs to. Ive crossed mine over as high as 150hz without being boomy or sounding "horny". Only downfall is you will need something to control time delay on your mains as the path length to the listening ear is longer with a horn.

Attached photos should get you what you need. #1 is modeled on 500w. #2 adds 30hz, 4th order butterworth HP. #3 shows same but with a pair of horns. #4 shows displacement with rated 14mm xmax. #5 shows impedance curve. #6 shows group delay for alignment.

Attachments

• td15h spl 500w.png
    td15h spl 500w.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 92
  • td15h spl filtered.png
    td15h spl filtered.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 79
  • td15h filtered pair.png
    td15h filtered pair.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 74
  • td15h displacement pair.png
    td15h displacement pair.png