How about this...?

Please elaborate because all pipes/cones have a 1/4 WL fundamental regardless of type: Resonances of open air columns

I use this at least twice a week or more. Draw it on any folded pipe.. and then it shows what would work if adding more(pipes and their closed end as phase dictated-already if looking at a paraflex (or ODTL even).. the same visual aid can be seen in a sim in real time. It squiggly lines not smooth ones. People leave them squiggly and they get bitten. Its precurser to bad bad sounds. I even stick a blower (shop vac) in these things to driver air and listen. Hints of helmholtz or whistling edges or anything thats nicky digested in bracing with lots of holes to stir up a smooth not turbulent pattern? Seems so as the solid bracing will sometimes sing a song if at abd angle. Like a sunroof open but no windows in th car. Suddenly that even hurts everyone's ears. Well its not quite the same but yet theres similar issues in the chamber thats open to a high velocity area??

Last edited:
WHAt did i say about qw
Here...
each with a purpose and an exact reason the qw is no longer just a quarter of the full wave.
I've only heard QW for Quarter Wavelength, that's all I know...

Or how can i elaborate? Draw? Type?? Eek... i think theres already an issue with typing. And i hate how hard it is.. theres a facebook group where you can spitball for days and dont have to worry, were all rookies there. Meanwhile im tryimg to come up with a series of drawing and stuff from the books of harry olson and others to help say what i cant ‘type’ or describe inless a video ? Lol?

Im not trying to sound retarded. Lol!! It comes naturally, :D.

But Seriously I do think ill have somethng to share/show at some point. Harry olsons got endless material to use for examples. Jut gotta but it together in a ay that overlaps a lot more.
Ah no no no no, I'm not implying you're retarded at all (how do I know???), if you remember the other (1st) thread where we met, I told you I'm not that knowledgeable to understand any of your explanations, still having the same problem, it's the same as if I'm gonna explain you about something like, say "sorting algorithms" from my subject, you'd never understand, I'd call it a CONFLICT OF SUBJECTS, I'm not in your SUBJECT & you aren't in mine...

I just just just wanna make a "subwoofer", to make it clear, whatever brings me a loud-enough 20hz, I welcome it...

Last edited:
No! Guys, sorry, i know you wouldnt call me a retard , it is however a result of typing and not anyones fault :)

Here:

GMs approach to the bose wave cannon with DJM(rip) is also a shape you can create in a paraflex type C. While that might not seem like anything or if doesnt (?) it might not be.. but it is if it is and the same idea is in an od qw pipe from another location(upstream).

But start adding more driver so they spread as 3 would in the space of 3 in the width of 120cm. Then use That if you want to or dont. It only represents things if you want it to. Only 10 or 12” drivers fit. I use two or an 18 allone(it doesnt matter, its flooding the area of offset in one side. If an imaginery middle.

Thats all only going to make sense if you build it. Wjateveryou do look ata PH sim as if its 240 and 80 cm. Then offset in that in ways you can and will if youhave to use only 20/40 or 60 cm from a closed end. The driver might even force it actually... 20 as 12 is 36? And 40 and its 2 12s....side by side and 60 as its then 3 centered at 60...

Thats pressure phase and itll show you 160/80, 80 or 120/120.....80 itll even show you 120/120/100 and 20. (Plus offset as you must now use it on both sides) If not. Youre csa in pipe chunks is wrong. Or, your offset driver position sucks. The driver ts parameters suck. Youre idea sucks. But one of those sucks, not physics..

. its there anytime you wanna see it. But if you dont make it possible you wont even be able to sim it. It never sucks when phase is represented from both sides.

PH mode is a clear perfect visual to what wasnt before it existed. All that remains is Q losses and friction to heat. The perfect path is now known

Its not an algorythm its reality. Ignore it or flare it? Its only phase if you look at it straight in the face as a pipe through a pipe.

14.5hz all day in a sim. But its not just that. Itll be lower... pressure phase and distance thru a folded pipe are not the same. One has actually hit a wall to exist. The other is a bunch of ideas snd advanced centerline didnt help pressure phase? It cant... so why try?

Fb is more important? Sure. But this is not qw. This is pipe physics. Qw is what were using i suppose, but its gotta be shoved through a pipe and its folded. Period. Nothing can change that except of you ignore it. We have been, and i think we forgot?

I dont know much. But i dont have to. I really on other peoples ideas. Theres something in a pipe. Its pretty much obvious if its 3 pipes. And offset driver entry is weird??? Look at it. What is there? Look at it as 3 pipes. But theres a 4th its whatever is at the exit of those that meet in sound not length. So make known. ‘Path’ is not knowing...’TH’ and ‘PH’ have no ‘path’. Thats important. It really is

Last edited:
This: while abbreviated in many ways it still represents something at the harmonic of something the long one as a qw to the shared full wave they both define or represent parts of...

The green only depicts the length so its obvious what it is or that it needs to be in order to be ‘perfect’ . Its all very easy to confuse in a corner. Lets try not to comfuse anything, lets assume we are all wise and our collective wisdom will figure out some thing we all might find very intersting and mutually fun?

‘Perfect’ is the question? What is ‘perfect’ and we are going to assume the csa anywhere (as pipe segments shown ) at a turn or end and overall lengths are fair to Fs and Vas. As well as not put out of wack with any Qes/Qms(Qts) that might skew our Fb /Fs too extremes not inherint of the design (type C paraflex with 1, 2 or even 3 12” drivers and s2 as needed (on or two or three radius, 20,40,60cm assume) that then defines 40 cm everywhere(skip corners or skip trying to, i dont think i can feed any thing but optomism here. And the entire idea of a dual pipe attached at the end needs to help in doubt. I won't even waste a moment there. Ill keep building them and pretend i dont know anything? Its kinda hsrd after aWhile. The answer is ‘nobody cares how it works’, that voodoo is lucrative. And DIY is free love.

What do see? What do you think? What makes sense?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    995.1 KB · Views: 53
This shows how i have drawn it in a way that jumps ahead of itself by the same margin so its not confusing anything as a big single quarter of a wave shape (sine)on the main long path and its turns, yet needs to be flat and thrn just one swoosh of 4 it represents....

Attachments

• 2A62B187-C8B4-41FA-8E7F-151AFDA7E49F.jpeg
    2A62B187-C8B4-41FA-8E7F-151AFDA7E49F.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 48
And (bear with me) heres a qw (yellow part)and a fullwave (blue). On the same place the dont look very proportional. But thats depicted as the pink shows a harmonic start to finish in a pipe as nodes and antinodes in that brief section if it was the pipe. But that stoll leaves it akwRd to call blue a full wave and anything a quarter? not that its uddenlh obvious when its not pressure or velocity,

instead it is a half of a circle or 0.5 pi in polar /rads)?( or however that works in a subwoofer and qw based ducts or bented enclosures with zero ‘path?’ ?

The pink isnt a length its just showing the wave at the yellows first harmonic do to the pipe its in. But qw in a fw is twice what yellow shows.. and a logarithmic scale ? Ot a better ‘artist’ rtendering
Might help here? Suggestions to accurately portray?

Gimme my 90 degrres ? I lost half from the get go:D sitting in the pipe at the middle? reflection from exit and closed end? Offset driver is next, but please hold for me pea brain

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
OK; so you're saying that mine and BP1's aren't loud enough?
Wait! Where is yours? I haven't seen yet, show me please...

Well, if you're asking me about the T-TQWT posted here by "BP1Fanatic", you might remember "BP1Fanatic" said he'd mistaken the XMAX of the 12TBX100 as 11mm instead of 9mm, so that it turned out a false result of 19hz @ 110db (absolutely LOUD enough), besides, you'd told me the 12TBX100 which has a high FS of 42hz won't do any 20hz with the T-TQWT or anything.

What should I do now???

Last edited:
Couldn't find this in a search where I said/implied this and have even done a 20 Hz TH listed twice now, though with limited power handling caveats for both mine and BP1's TTQWT.

Alright, I'm quoting this reply for your reference.

That's the point! You'd have to get someone to make you a custom. That, or make an array of the 20 Hz/whatever Fs drivers to get enough power handling to tune them this low same as is done in prosound apps. Gets big/expensive pretty quick.
This paragraph made me contact the only LOUDSPEAKER DRIVER MAKER in our country, I've replied you twice asking what t/s parameters I should give him (MAKER) for which enclosure you'd recommend to reach that 20hz.

The Infinity is close, though doubt its Fs and Qes are as low as listed, so wouldn't be my first choice unless there's no other options.
I saw "Brian Steele" has then replied clearing your doubt of Infinity's listed FS & QES stating they're BELIEVABLE, and you'd thanked him in return as well, but haven't told me whether or not I use Infinity.

No, the 12TBX100 has a published 42 Hz, so only good down to ~30 Hz at most and even then will be pretty power limited,
Now, here you clearly state the 12TBX100 can't do 20hz NORMALLY and then...

It still cracks 120dB @ 20.15hz with a 4th order 20hz highpass filter @ 0.5Pi.
As for this T-TQWT reply...

Well, it does it as a 'one note' peak and has an increasingly higher peak rating above ~50 Hz, but in the strictest sense it's only a ~45 W wide band alignment with some limited dynamic headroom, so find this sort rating very misleading without showing where its Xmax is exceeded and by how much.
You're saying the T-TQWT can do 20hz only as a ONE NOTE WONDER.

but if you only need ~115 dB/m/1pi to 80 Hz XO, then here's a ~compact 50 W DTS TH [1/4 WL stubbed]:
Sorry, my bad my bad my bad, you'd think I'm silly, but I haven't installed HR yet to check this, and here's my question though, whatever inside that TXT can do 20hz @ 115db with 50w, just 50w I mean (unbelievable to my tiny little bit of QW knowledge)???

Just saying; please do NOT concern my reply offensive or that I'm arguing by any means, cos I almost know who you're and what you've been through to your age (on the subject), but just dreaming to make a decent subwoofer, that's it.