Go Back   Home > Forums > >

How about this...?
How about this...?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2021, 12:25 AM   #211
Booger weldz is offline Booger weldz  United States
diyAudio Member

And (bear with me) heres a qw (yellow part)and a fullwave (blue). On the same place the dont look very proportional. But thats depicted as the pink shows a harmonic start to finish in a pipe as nodes and antinodes in that brief section if it was the pipe. But that stoll leaves it akwRd to call blue a full wave and anything a quarter? not that its uddenlh obvious when its not pressure or velocity,

instead it is a half of a circle or 0.5 pi in polar /rads)?( or however that works in a subwoofer and qw based ducts or bented enclosures with zero ‘path?’ ?

The pink isnt a length its just showing the wave at the yellows first harmonic do to the pipe its in. But qw in a fw is twice what yellow shows.. and a logarithmic scale ? Ot a better ‘artist’ rtendering
Might help here? Suggestions to accurately portray?

Gimme my 90 degrres ? I lost half from the get go sitting in the pipe at the middle? reflection from exit and closed end? Offset driver is next, but please hold for me pea brain
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (921.7 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by Booger weldz; 7th April 2021 at 12:33 AM.
Old 7th April 2021, 02:03 AM   #212
Din1990 is offline Din1990
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
OK; so you're saying that mine and BP1's aren't loud enough?
Wait! Where is yours? I haven't seen yet, show me please...

Well, if you're asking me about the T-TQWT posted here by "BP1Fanatic", you might remember "BP1Fanatic" said he'd mistaken the XMAX of the 12TBX100 as 11mm instead of 9mm, so that it turned out a false result of 19hz @ 110db (absolutely LOUD enough), besides, you'd told me the 12TBX100 which has a high FS of 42hz won't do any 20hz with the T-TQWT or anything.

What should I do now???

Last edited by Din1990; 7th April 2021 at 02:06 AM.
Old 7th April 2021, 02:05 AM   #213
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
If that's the case, then build more enclosures. 1 on each wall should work!
Which type of enclosure do you refer to (read above)...?
Old 7th April 2021, 05:42 AM   #214
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

How about this...?
Old 7th April 2021, 10:17 AM   #215
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din1990 View Post
Which type of enclosure do you refer to (read above)...?
4 of the T-TQWT's or this...

Two 33" Subwoofers for ALL the BASS! B2 Audio X26 Ferrite Unboxed & Flexed 10Hz - YouTube
Old 7th April 2021, 08:02 PM   #216
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Din1990 View Post
besides, you'd told me the 12TBX100 which has a high FS of 42hz won't do any 20hz with the T-TQWT or anything.
Couldn't find this in a search where I said/implied this and have even done a 20 Hz TH listed twice now, though with limited power handling caveats for both mine and BP1's TTQWT.
Old 7th April 2021, 08:18 PM   #217
diyAudio Member

With such limited info, can't imagine this having any SQ anywhere near its 45 mm Xmax; Danley did it right using a synchronous motor/belt drive in his dual woofer/PR 14 Hz ServoDrive Contrabass subwoofer.
Old 7th April 2021, 11:55 PM   #218
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Couldn't find this in a search where I said/implied this and have even done a 20 Hz TH listed twice now, though with limited power handling caveats for both mine and BP1's TTQWT.
Quote:
Alright, I'm quoting this reply for your reference.

Quote:
That's the point! You'd have to get someone to make you a custom. That, or make an array of the 20 Hz/whatever Fs drivers to get enough power handling to tune them this low same as is done in prosound apps. Gets big/expensive pretty quick.
This paragraph made me contact the only LOUDSPEAKER DRIVER MAKER in our country, I've replied you twice asking what t/s parameters I should give him (MAKER) for which enclosure you'd recommend to reach that 20hz.

Quote:
The Infinity is close, though doubt its Fs and Qes are as low as listed, so wouldn't be my first choice unless there's no other options.
I saw "Brian Steele" has then replied clearing your doubt of Infinity's listed FS & QES stating they're BELIEVABLE, and you'd thanked him in return as well, but haven't told me whether or not I use Infinity.

Quote:
No, the 12TBX100 has a published 42 Hz, so only good down to ~30 Hz at most and even then will be pretty power limited,
Now, here you clearly state the 12TBX100 can't do 20hz NORMALLY and then...

Quote:
It still cracks 120dB @ 20.15hz with a 4th order 20hz highpass filter @ 0.5Pi.
As for this T-TQWT reply...

Quote:
Well, it does it as a 'one note' peak and has an increasingly higher peak rating above ~50 Hz, but in the strictest sense it's only a ~45 W wide band alignment with some limited dynamic headroom, so find this sort rating very misleading without showing where its Xmax is exceeded and by how much.
You're saying the T-TQWT can do 20hz only as a ONE NOTE WONDER.

Quote:
but if you only need ~115 dB/m/1pi to 80 Hz XO, then here's a ~compact 50 W DTS TH [1/4 WL stubbed]:
Sorry, my bad my bad my bad, you'd think I'm silly, but I haven't installed HR yet to check this, and here's my question though, whatever inside that TXT can do 20hz @ 115db with 50w, just 50w I mean (unbelievable to my tiny little bit of QW knowledge)???

Just saying; please do NOT concern my reply offensive or that I'm arguing by any means, cos I almost know who you're and what you've been through to your age (on the subject), but just dreaming to make a decent subwoofer, that's it.
Old 8th April 2021, 01:19 AM   #219
diyAudio Member

Quote:
4 of the T-TQWT's
Yep, LOUD enough but no 20HZ right...?

I know you're kidding...

Last edited by Din1990; 8th April 2021 at 01:23 AM.
Old 8th April 2021, 01:49 AM   #220
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

LMAO!

How about this...?Hide this!Advertise here!