Go Back   Home > Forums > >

So can I make a 1x2x4' bass horn? Or not really?
So can I make a 1x2x4' bass horn? Or not really?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th January 2021, 11:19 AM   #11
Booger weldz is offline Booger weldz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
1x4 = 10'

~1129/10 = ~113 Hz

Setting on and perpendicular to the floor [2pi] = ~0.707x = ~80 Hz

Solid/massive wall [1pi] = ~0.707x [full octave] = ~56 Hz

Path-length, throat area, room modes will set the amount/amplitude of ripple, ultimate usable low corner F.
200cm2, 400cm2, 800cm2, 1600cm2, at 120 cm increments? And split at 360cm by a tapped driver entry? Substitute 120cm for 80 cm if needed at two points? And put the driver at 200cm/0cm start middle whatever you wanna call it...tapped ...split. Now shrink the CSA used in each to a-lesser and lesser area, and i start to see a happy median? Yet i get confused because theres a fold in those all thats not represented and if its a 180 turn each time its a 50/50 LP filter for each as upstream frequncues? Am i to guess? or can i guess? i can see offset driver works in the same way... but im
Not offsetting a driver im dividing its entry. Something seems to work here and if i cant sim the folds i cant see the idea i can barely create experimenting with lots of pvc pipe parts over and over

Last edited by Booger weldz; 14th January 2021 at 11:29 AM.
Old 14th January 2021, 04:33 PM   #12
weltersys is offline weltersys  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by head_unit View Post
By ported horn do you mean where the rear chamber is ported?
In the next sentence in post #7, I wrote "the ported cabinet...", just forgot to write that in the sentence you quoted.
That said, a “V” (slot) loaded driver in a ported cabinet could be thought of as including some degree of "horn loading".
Old 14th January 2021, 04:43 PM   #13
weltersys is offline weltersys  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger weldz View Post
1)Is there a good drawing of this?
2)I think ive been chasing this idea and by adding the tap at 3/4 down ive confused it into something its not?
3)Is it the sim or is it the segmental distances?
4)One is harmonic intervals inside the folded lengths?
1) The photos of the actual construction template drawings in the "Lab 12 Domino DFLH" thread are the only ones made.

I don't understand your questions 2, 3 and 4.

Art
Old 15th January 2021, 10:54 PM   #14
zobsky is offline zobsky  United States
diyAudio Member

the picowrecker tapped horn is about that size
Lilmike's Picowrecker | AVS Forum

So can I make a 1x2x4' bass horn? Or not really?Hide this!Advertise here!