eminence legend 875 8” 4 ohm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's a guitar speaker, what ever you use to recone it will sound different to a guitar player ;^).

Good luck!

Attachments

• Legend 875 Guitar speaker.png
    Legend 875 Guitar speaker.png
    780.5 KB · Views: 120
As-is, even if itb were working properly, it would not be much of a woofer in the conventional sense.

Very high (for a woofer) 88Hz resonance, high Q which makes it difficult to design a good cabinet for it, givenn intended use it must have a *short* voice coil winding so no reasonable X Max available either.

I´m a pro reconer, lots of spares in my shop, if I had it there I would first and foremost go through my voice coil stock to see if one fits in the existing gap.

If none, the quest ends there.
If you find one, being an Eminence I guess 38.4 mm internal diameter (floating around a 38.1mm pole piece) and 6.35mm or 7.92mm top plate thickness, so an 11mm to 15mm winding voice coil might do.

An 8 ohm coil would make your life easier.

IF you find a voice coil that fits and moves freely in that presumed narrow gap , then choice of cone and spider is up to you, personal taste.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.