Ripole Dimensions ( Help Needed )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am ready to produce a cutting list for the H Frame.
As this is a First Time Experience for me, I have been toying with the idea of having the option to experience the effects of the H Frame in different configurations.
I was thinking of having the Two Drivers Mounted Side By Side,
on a W 800mm x H 450mm Baffle.
Does this configuration work ? or is the Stacked Drivers the better array ?

In my choice of Driver Mounting, I was intending on making the
Framings Base Plate and Top Plate 1000mm x 1000mm x 20mm.
This will allow for my Side Walls on the H Frame to be Shortened and Extended.

The Driver Mount Baffle and Side Walls will be a of 30mm Thick Material, and can be used when required to produce the final OB Subwoofer design.

The Driver Mounting Baffle can also be moved towards the front or rear, changing the depths.
Again extended Side Walls can be added.

I have also looked at a Method to allow for the Side Walls to be Tapering In or Flaring Out, this can be produced for both the Front and Rear Sections.

The Speaker Baffle and Side Walls will be bedded into a Sealant Substance at the rebated Pivot Point to give a Air Tight Interface.

The Image will offer a description of the idea I am working on.

This is not my thoughts on a Final Design for a every day use,
but a idea on how to produce a framing to be able to experience the H Frame in different configurations. Subwoofer, it is just to enable a Speedy Change of a Configuration of the Parts that have an Influence on the SQ.

This design has been produced as a result of Information that I have recently been reading up on.

It would be good receive a comment on this as a method to produce a OB as a initial experience.

It will probably be more of an amusement to those that view it.
I am sure there are flaws to be seen that I will never comprehend.
If it is seen that there is enough available from the build,
to allow for my first DIY Subwoofer Experience and extend this into experiencing the Bass SQ as a result of changing the Framings Configurations,
I will happily produce a cutting list for the Parts and use the Router for the Interface Posts Pivot Point Rebates.

OB Subwoofer H Frame Design 1.jpg

Have you considered a "W-frame"? I think that's what some call them, like the woofers in Linkwitz's LX521. There is a degree of force cancellation, distortion and cavity resonance reduction. I like the look of them, some don't. You don't have to reverse one driver if you find it ugly.

I will consider the W Frame, I have seen the design and there is a Math seeming to be required to be used to get the framing to the correct dimensions to suit the Driver Size.

As said I am not looking for a Bass to be forceful, but I am yet to learn what a OB Subwoofer will offer in my system, I am yet to develop a taste for it, so can't predict a design that will be best to use, hence my willingness to experience a few types.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.