Go Back   Home > Forums > >

A tale of 12" subwoofers, distortion and 15 dollars.
A tale of 12" subwoofers, distortion and 15 dollars.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2020, 04:54 AM   #61
shrub0 is offline shrub0  United States
diyAudio Member

Attached is the group delay of the ported 38hz magnum in bold and the other line is the 20hz tuned passive. To me the higher group delay was audible in the ported version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg groupdelayportedbold.jpg (49.5 KB, 131 views)
Old 24th October 2020, 06:03 AM   #62
Guerilla is offline Guerilla  Denmark
diyAudio Member

When I finnish my carpenter education I will study to fully understand this thread. Du you guys know which degree to go for, and which university its cheapest to get it?

Cheers!

Speakers are everything
Old 24th October 2020, 08:00 AM   #63
Booger weldz is offline Booger weldz  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek View Post
So, if I followed this for 6 pages, the simple answer is to get busy converting my Dayton Titanic to a BP4.
is it an rss315ho4? the driver model by chance
Old 24th October 2020, 08:05 AM   #64
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek View Post
So, if I followed this for 6 pages, the simple answer is to get busy converting my Dayton Titanic to a BP4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrub0 View Post
Attached is the group delay of the ported 38hz magnum in bold and the other line is the 20hz tuned passive. To me the higher group delay was audible in the ported version.
so the bottom end was all <sluggish> or phase funk, something wierd, ?

or was it just excessive and overbearing to the other speakers and sounds? as if it had crept up with more gain(not bad sound, just much of it maybe?)somehow?
Old 25th October 2020, 03:16 AM   #65
diyAudio Member

Booger, I would describe it as the low bass thanks a little longer to build up to full volume and by that time it is behind the beat.
Old 25th October 2020, 11:25 AM   #66
diyAudio Member

I wish I could have thought of that, very Well described! have you ever heard the opposite? Or what sounds like it maybe? tapped horn might be it, but don’t assume so because I don’t think it’s nit in other places too!!! A straight TL is a lot of things a bass reflex isn’t .. and a straight TL has a sound too. I’m
Not suggesting anything, but I am stating there is something to investigate as a group of people who have heard a variety of sounds and speakers.

I think i might be confusing , but I confuse myself too, lol!

Destructive or constructive interference are doppelgangers? But they have two types of twins. Identical or not. out past the obvious is the other and it’s gonna be a strange sound instead of flat out null or void... this is my best effort at abbreviating what I can’t technically say or could really if I tried?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8D9434BE-B964-4AED-AE96-507C4F0EF36B.jpg (967.4 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by Booger weldz; 25th October 2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 26th October 2020, 05:40 AM   #67
diyAudio Member

Guerilla, I’m a hydrologist by trade but my hobby for 20 years has been speaker building. I believe that many things in life can be self taught. You could start by reading the loudspeaker design cookbook by v. Dickason.
Old 26th October 2020, 05:44 AM   #68
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Agreed!
Old 30th October 2020, 07:00 PM   #69
diyAudio Member

Stay tuned everyone. I've got a wavecor and an adire brahma on the way.
What other drivers should I test?

Maybe you have one collecting dust on the shelf, that you would like to donate to science?
Old 30th October 2020, 10:39 PM   #70
BP1Fanatic is offline BP1Fanatic  United States
diyAudio Member

Best buy got the JBL GX1200 on sale for $29.99. All the guys on avsforum.com are snatching them up. I got 7 yesterday (1 for me and 6 for my son).

A tale of 12&quot; subwoofers, distortion and 15 dollars.Hide this!Advertise here!