12 inch sub driver recommend

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi benceg,
You have 40 and 400 usd drivers. Is that a problem for you, also what market (US, EU or overseas?) are you. Do you have manufacturers and/or any models of choice? The use you are giving to it, easy listening, HT, PA or other.
Vb = 80L net (internal)
Port: What dimensions do you have that can be simulated (int. diameter or area/length)?
Can you post a picture.
Regards

if one is in the US, then Dayton's PA310-8 sold sometimes for $60 shipped. is a good woofer

sdM7IUG.jpg

Yeah sorry. A litlle correction. The budget would be around max. 300-350 USD, but I'm also interested and looking for second hand market and I'm in the EU!

So far someone recommended me the "LOUDSPEAKER 12""LX60V2 8 OH", but I'm don't know, it's more of a woofer than a subwoofer driver, am I right ? The 49Hz fs is a bit high ? Although the spec says it goes down for 35 Hz.

I looked at the Faital pro too, is there a recommendations from them?
It's for PA use but only in small bars, pubs, garden etc. at the moment the amp is the lowest part of the system(the sub part cuts at around 120 Hz), but that will be changed in the future. It's a 2.1 setup. The top speakers are a pair of custom built (20l internal) box with Beyma 8G40 for the mid/woofer and CP380 high.

The port inner diameter is d=10 cm, but length can be adjusted for the optimal tune.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi benceg,
You have 40 and 400 usd drivers. Is that a problem for you, also what market (US, EU or overseas?) are you. Do you have manufacturers and/or any models of choice? The use you are giving to it, easy listening, HT, PA or other.
Vb = 80L net (internal)
Port: What dimensions do you have that can be simulated (int. diameter or area/length)?
Can you post a picture.
Regards

I'd recommend learning how to use winisd, then model the enclosure / drivers. The enclosure and driver needs to be matched, in a vented bass reflex system you could end up with some nasty peaks in output. Apologies if I sound like I'm teaching you how to suck eggs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.