Tapped sub box/Karlson design for RSS390HO?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So it's a month on and I've settled on a design that seemed to sim quite nicely in HR, and the result is also rather satisfactory. In the end, I designed a pair of TLs with HR, the RSS390 up against a pair of RSS265HOs. And it was hard to pick which was better. The 390 seemed to delve a bit deeper, but there was nothing awry with the pair of 265s either.
In the end I've opted for the RSS390; the sub-sofa sub just didn't quite work out because the 150 section pipe was marginally too big to fit underneath. Chocks under a sofa aren't really a good look but I also think the audible result wasn't as good; maybe the sofa is in a null.
Anyhow, getting the wiring to the sofa area was also problematic.
In the end, I just reverted to the original position, alongside the rack for the sub, and hid the pipe better; it fitted in behind the equipment rack at ground level so is much less conspicuous.
What I intend to do now is try out one of the RSS265s in a tapped sub arrangement, a bit like a BIB I made in the past; a PVC pipe with a divider. Not too hard to construct in an afternoon. Using PVC it is possible to get a reasonable seal too; unlike with the cardboard subs (which have a name that evidently shant be mentioned). It wont be pretty but my stuff never is.

Attachments

• RSS390 TL.jpg
    RSS390 TL.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.