16 x Satori WO24P-8 in wall subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

For my new theater I am building an on wall baffle of sorts and I will build my own subs for it, since I can't really find a decent commerciel one. The subs will flank on wall speakers behind an acoustically transparent screen 15' wide. Limiting factor is depth. I have a lot of volume.

I have modelled many many many drivers but best compromise seems to be the Satori WO24P-8.

I have room for 32 of them, but I wanted to start with 2 x 8 in 2 arrays.

Questions:

* Optimal volume sealed pr. woofer?

(WINISD is fine, but practical experience?)

* How to best wire 8 pieces

(go for a 4 ohm load?)

Regards

Claus

Sounds like an interesting project.

With 8x 8ohm drivers, pair them up, wired in series. Wire the four resulting groups in parallel for a 4ohm load.

I'd also recommend EQ, since rooms tend to make a mess at LF.

Chris

Thanks a lot. I currently have dual 15" Audiotechnology as far as WINISD goes these Satori have a shallower rolloff compared to the 15".

My in room response on the dual 15" AT is basicly flat to 20hz. My room has a large peak at 23hz also, so some rolloff from the subs is preferred to not excite that room mode too much.

My current dual 15" will be used in the back of the room btw. I just want the front wall to be 100% clean and only the screen basicly.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.