Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Spare tire sub
Spare tire sub
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th February 2020, 09:41 AM   #21
The Lord Flashheart is offline The Lord Flashheart  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
I knew it was high in some Honda, etc., size late model cars [made a TH believer out of my neighbor behind me when blew out his rear window on a hot Summer day several years ago], but my only trunk 'sub' was in a 70-1/2 Camaro and it sounded fine for us, though didn't have much gain at all using a pair of Radio Shack 12" 'HIFI' woofers doped to protect them a bit. Didn't measure it, but definitely < in room corner loading that can only peak out at +9 dB.

GM
Sealed boxes seem to suit cars in terms of low frequency extension to the point where I my car plays lower and louder at 14 ha than my home subwoofer using the same drivers.

The only issue is that driving around in the evenings listening to organ music in urban areas seem to freak people out, more so than any other sort of music I have noticed...

Besides, the trade off under Hoffman’s law that suits car audio best is to give up efficiency for small size and extension, power is cheap these days.
Old 25th February 2020, 03:15 PM   #22
Zwiller is offline Zwiller  United States
diyAudio Member

In researching the spare tire sub it appears the flooring must be removed or modded for optimum use and that is a no go for me. WOW 8" subs have advanced since I last looked! Might need a 10" as goal is 30Hz.

Spare tire subHide this!Advertise here!