Simple BR high power sub for HT and parties

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi diyaudio,

I finally have my hobby woodworking workshop fully equipped ad want to start building some speakers. First thing I'd like to build is a sub for HT and small/moderately loud parties. I was thinking to begin with a simple, high power BR sub. My woodworking skills aren't good enough to build horn cabs yet.

I've built a test sub with a Eminence kappalite 3012LF, it sounds very nice but I need something louder and with more low end. 3012LF was bought to build a fearful bass guitar cab after all.

so I need suggestions for driver, was thinking about 15" as 18" will be to big for my living room and to heavy to move.

As for a driver, I'm not budget limited. Can get Faital pro, Beyma, B&C and other European made drivers at very good prices, US made tend to be relatively expensive due to import taxes but I'm not excluding anything.

As for tuning, I wouldn't go to low too low as I will need spl for parties, but good response to 30-35Hz would be nice.

Was thinking about Faital 15HP1060, any comments or other suggestions?

thanks

thanks for suggestions

I have one question: Do this, "super heavy weight category" PA subs, like the mentioned NSW, BC SD115, or Faital XL, work equally good on low volumes too? I don't listen music or watch movies too loud so I'm little worried that they will sound dull on low volumes.

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.