Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

6th Order Sub
6th Order Sub
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th November 2019, 03:18 PM   #11
paulys55 is offline paulys55  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigigirl View Post
Don't know why more people do not use the cabinet design.

Cheers
Well, it comes down to intended use. If you can trade wider bandwidth for higher output in a narrower bandwidth you build a bandpass enclosure. Also, typically the volume is larger than some can tolerate. The box is more complex and needs to be more precise with regards to volume and port dimentions. Basically, it's easier to throw a sub in a sealed box, eq it and call it a day. But if you do the math and know what you are doing and it suits your needs, 6th order and other higher orders are fine.
Old 19th November 2019, 06:43 PM   #12
merajsalek is offline merajsalek  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So with the WinISD program my cabinets are 16L (50hz) & 48 L (24hz).
Which version of winISD are you using...?
Old 23rd November 2019, 12:41 AM   #13
gigigirl is offline gigigirl
diyAudio Member

Hi, I am using WinISD 0.44

Cheers
Old 23rd November 2019, 02:57 AM   #14
DonVK is offline DonVK  Canada
diyAudio Member

I've used DCS305 in a BP6 at SonoTube and SewerPipe BP6 Subwoofer

There are some measurements and design choices in that thread. I still use it. It's unusual but will probably be converted to a "box" at some point
Old 23rd November 2019, 03:17 AM   #15
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi, I am using WinISD 0.44
Definitely need to upgrade: WinISD - Linearteam

GM
Old 23rd November 2019, 04:25 AM   #16
freddi is offline freddi  United States
diyAudio Member

6th Order Sub
FWIW here's 60 liters total for both chambers - add whatever vent works for total internal volume, plus 10mH inductor and ~900uF series cap

maybe the front chamber vent could be external. It could be a bundle of smaller diameter pipes like a "Pan-pipe" with the staggered ends inside or outside the chamber. I don't know how much reduction stuffing in the rear chamber would have ?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 23rd November 2019, 05:00 AM   #17
gigigirl is offline gigigirl
diyAudio Member

Hi Guy's thanks for the input. I have tried both the newer versions of WinISD & cannot get them to load. I used the earlier version for my current 6th order subs & they worked out quiet well. But compared to my now main speakers they are efficient enough, & when I push them with my MiniDSP my amp shuts off.

Cheers

6th Order SubHide this!Advertise here!