TV Sub with 10" driver & integrated amp & LowPF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I'm planning to make a small sub that sits below my TV as part of a 2.1 type arrangement.

The external dimensions of the sub are somewhat set by the size of the room and the placement of the TV within the room.

attachment.php

I have a 10" driver and plan to make the sub active with a TDA7293 based amp and an active low pass filter.

The cabinet will be 18mm birch ply and the ballpark volume is about 44 liters (not including the driver and electronics)

The driver is this one: https://cpc.farnell.com/mcm-audio-select/55-2981/speaker-10-die-cast/dp/LS04704

I was planning to front load the driver.

Is this a feasible plan and are there any design considerations or comments from members of the forum?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• Panasonic Sub V01.jpg
    Panasonic Sub V01.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 192
The Qts = 0,54 sure fits a closed box.
For music you don't really need the range below 40-50 Hz, but for HT you will like to have the lower range. Will be hard to reach that low with a closed box.
With a port you can pump up the lows, but needs the volume to get real low.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.