Plate amplifier with speakon input as REL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please see the attached file. On left side sub amplifier input, on ritght side stereo amplifier outputs for loudspeakers. I am looking for the same option...

Attachments

• left sub amplifier ritght stereo integrated amplifier.png
    left sub amplifier ritght stereo integrated amplifier.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 131
Please see the attached file. On left side sub amplifier input, on ritght side stereo amplifier outputs for loudspeakers. I am looking for the same option...
That is a non standard design and will cause problems. The Speakon is designed purely as a loudspeaker coupling connector.
In a standard 4 way connector pins 1+ & 1- are full range, pins 2+ & 2- are treble in mixed bi powered speaker systems.
In the 8way Speakon, pins 1+ & 1- are sub, 2+ & 2- are bass, 3+ & 3- are mid range and 4+ & 4- are used as treble.
See Neutrik's link for the correct wiring; https://www.neutrik.com/en/neutrik/products/speakon-loudspeaker-connectors/speakon-cable-connectors

Speakon connectors are used for amplifier output, not input.
Don't know what you mean by "as REL or BK".

REL subwoofers are designed so that you can integrate them with a conventional HiFi system - they use an NL4 speaker-level input which is then attenuated and summed to mono to feed signal to the internal amplifier.

A rather good idea, if you ask me.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.