Subwoofer 30l possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey,
I would love to build a bigger subwoofer, but I am stuck to the outside measurement of 33x33x39cm.

Do you have any recommendation for a subwoofer chassis around 30l?

I want to build a Subwoofer which fits into my Ikea Kallax shelf.

Amplifier: X1500H Denon
Front Speaker: BigYellowTaxi MK2
Rear: Teufel Motiv 10

I advise against that idea as you will get resonances in the Kallax but many 8" and some 10" will do fine in that size box.

0400083_PE564075_S5.JPG

If you consider the fact that your BYT has a 25cm/ 10" woofer, a single sub of the size you mention seems questionable.
Do you want to use a high pass for the existing loudspeaker?
This would only make sense, if you cross it really low, like 60 Hz.
Then, two DSP controlled, closed 10" subs, 30l each (!) could take care at the low end.
Maybe have a look at the Mivoc AWM104, two of these with a capable amp, pushed to give 30Hz could work.
Usualy the MiniDSP is mentioned, but I would advice the the "t.racks DSP 4x4 Mini" with a "Behringer KM750" (Fan can be disconnected for home use), which set´s you back about 330 Euro for all hardware.
You can put two subs in the bottom of Kallaks, which gives you another advantage of 3dB from the cones close together, reducing the stroke.
The DSP4x4 is symmetric and works with the symmtric input of the amp, without the usual hum noise problems and can high filter the BYT too.
The result is way better than some plate amp, which has no room in the sub housing anyway.
There are other sub woofer models that fit, too, but the Mivoc is a champion with price/performance ratio.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.