Budget friendly driver for a 500mm Cube subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, so budget is a limiting factory for my build its a 500mm cube I don't mind ported or sealed but need sub 30hz(my mains comfortably get to about 35 before they roll off too steep)

I am in the UK so somthing available here would help as I would have to spend on shipping & import duties.

Hopefully somthing around the £150 mark. Thank you!

Hey Craig,

Shoot me a PM - I might have just the thing already built, and I'm looking to sell it. 2x JBL GTO1214 in a ~450mm 18mm MDF cube.

Chris

Hi Sorry - i think i must have worded it wrong.

I am building a subwoofer which is going to be 500mm cube to fit in with my exsisting system aesthetically but I am on a budget so really want to find a driver within the price range.

its just a driver I am looking for not an entire subwoofer.

Thanks though!

Joined 2007
Paid Member
The Eminence Lab 12 is a very good driver, well available in GB and quite cheap for what it offers. Be sure to brace the cabinet well, not only with two pieces of broomstick like many do. This driver generates a lot of pressure and easily makes walls expand, which is not where you want the energy.

A 500mm cube is 125 litres, net volume inside of 95 litres +-10% would be perfect for the Lab 12 vented. A very controlled and not "boomy" low reaching HIFI sub.

Last edited:
The Eminence Lab 12 is a very good driver, well available in GB and quite cheap for what it offers. Be sure to brace the cabinet well, not only with two pieces of broomstick like many do. This driver generates a lot of pressure and easily makes walls expand, which is not where you want the energy.

A 500mm cube is 125 litres, net volume inside of 95 litres +-10% would be perfect for the Lab 12 vented. A very controlled and not "boomy" low reaching HIFI sub.
Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.