EV T18

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I play bass guitar. How can I build a two twelve rig based on the EV T18 manifold technology which is really like building a bass reflex box with the speaker mounted on the outside of the box and going into a folded horn. I tested my bass amp on a T18 and I've been hooked on that sound ever since ?
Help a non techie please or recomend someone who can build this for me. I have seen two 18 and two 12 manifold cabinet but they are rather large for a gigging bass player. I would like something more transportable.

I'm not sure - I have a hornresp sim for Cubo 15 and not sure if a 0.8 scale Cubo15 = a Cubo12 (?) Cubo's creator sometimes comes to these forums and could give good advice. What 12" do you intend to use?

It might be easier overall to use two cabinets

mRJpODq.png

Does your band run subs? Ever play an Ampeg cab? The T18 plans posted look like a great intro to building. Any decent carpenter/cab shop could whip them up in no time. Also, there are usually T18 on ebay, maybe keep an eye on them and snag one when one is close to you.

Re: EV T18 to 12 inch box

I hear he has an e-mail address but he won't respond if you call him a creature ;)

I need numbers for a scaled-down T18. Having played bass guitar though one
all I can say is nothing sounds better. The middle of the speaker has a direct shot at the port which makes mids and highs come shining through on to of that both sides of the speaker are putting out bass. I like that sound over any bass rig that I have ever heard. How do I get numbers for a 12' T18? I need something like that.

Rad

I hear he has an e-mail address but he won't respond if you call him a creature ;)
Rad, yes I've been to Germany
I love the place. My wife has relatives there. Electrovoice is German owned also. Why they stopped making the T18, I don't know. They should have made a 12 and a 15 model and bass players around the world would be happy!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.