EV T18

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Many Thanks!

Thanks for giving me some numbers on that box design. I have found that most bass guitar cabs are tuned from 60 to 80 hertz and the brain fills in the low end. Hopefully, these figures will lead me in the right direction for a bass guitar projection. :)

I played an outside birthday party this weekend. My two 112 cabs sat between the drummer and the keyboard player (aka) the pianist. They both like loud bass. I began playing at my normal level, just as I had done on other outside gigs. Everything sounded fine. In the next song, I could not hear my bass very well. On the third song I checked my amp and they had turned it down.
Later I realized that the back of my cabinet was close to a brick wall. I had no idea that it would increase my output much more than normal. Later, I asked people in the audience and they said they could hear the bass very well but I did not hear it very well like during the soundcheck or in rehearsal. In rehearsal the drummer and pianist want me to turn my bass up much higher.

Datyton pa310

I'm not sure - I have a hornresp sim for Cubo 15 and not sure if a 0.8 scale Cubo15 = a Cubo12 (?) Cubo's creator sometimes comes to these forums and could give good advice. What 12" do you intend to use?

It might be easier overall to use two cabinets

mRJpODq.png

Dayton pa310

I played an outside birthday party this weekend. My two 112 cabs sat between the drummer and the keyboard player (aka) the pianist. They both like loud bass. I began playing at my normal level, just as I had done on other outside gigs. Everything sounded fine. In the next song, I could not hear my bass very well. On the third song I checked my amp and they had turned it down.
Later I realized that the back of my cabinet was close to a brick wall. I had no idea that it would increase my output much more than normal. Later, I asked people in the audience and they said they could hear the bass very well but I did not hear it very well like during the soundcheck or in rehearsal. In rehearsal the drummer and pianist want me to turn my bass up much higher.

One of the best things my band did was get rid of the "amp backline" and put cabs on side of stage OMG. Heaven. So much friendlier to venue and sound man as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.