Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

EV T18
EV T18
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd September 2019, 08:15 PM   #21
rnbmccain is offline rnbmccain
diyAudio Member

Thank You so much. I will follow the link.
Old 3rd September 2019, 08:23 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

The Cubo seems to be more compact than an EV T18. That is a big plus. Can Rademakers shine some light on a 12 inch Cubo? I want to have only one rig that can do it all.
Old 4th September 2019, 04:34 AM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwiller View Post
Does your band run subs? Ever play an Ampeg cab? The T18 plans posted look like a great intro to building. Any decent carpenter/cab shop could whip them up in no time. Also, there are usually T18 on ebay, maybe keep an eye on them and snag one when one is close to you.
My brother is a cabinet maker, He has two T18's in my shed and two more in cutouts. T18's are not for gigging bass players or small club's but a T12 is just the box to handle big and small. How do I get the right numbers for a T12 because the Cubo12 is a bandpass box.
Old 4th September 2019, 04:44 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddi View Post
I'm not sure - I have a hornresp sim for Cubo 15 and not sure if a 0.8 scale Cubo15 = a Cubo12 (?) Cubo's creator sometimes comes to these forums and could give good advice. What 12" do you intend to use?

It might be easier overall to use two cabinets

Click the image to open in full size.
I looked at the Cubo 12 and it is a bandpass box and that's not good for bass guitar.
Old 4th September 2019, 05:22 AM   #25
conanski is offline conanski  Canada
diyAudio Member

The Cubo is a hybrid design.. it's no more of a bandpass than the T18 is.
Old 4th September 2019, 05:35 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanski View Post
The Cubo is a hybrid design.. it's no more of a bandpass than the T18 is.
The cubo is a hybrid. The T18 is not.
Old 4th September 2019, 06:34 AM   #27
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbmccain View Post
How do I get the right numbers for a T12
They're all band pass alignments . What's wrong with Freddy's 0.67 scale T18?

GM
Old 4th September 2019, 04:17 PM   #28
Zwiller is offline Zwiller  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
My brother is a cabinet maker, He has two T18's in my shed and two more in cutouts. T18's are not for gigging bass players or small club's but a T12 is just the box to handle big and small. How do I get the right numbers for a T12 because the Cubo12 is a bandpass box.

Ran 4 MTL1 (double T18) in my heyday and was a nice box for the day but not so much these days. The popular TH designs here walk all over them now. I suggest asking your bro to help build one and compare. I suggest a Keystone.

As a bass player, I use an SVT and fridge rig so I am pretty set in my ways in terms for tone. Your driver is known for working in the design, so I say go and make some sawdust and have fun.
Old 5th September 2019, 02:46 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwiller View Post
Ran 4 MTL1 (double T18) in my heyday and was a nice box for the day but not so much these days. The popular TH designs here walk all over them now. I suggest asking your bro to help build one and compare. I suggest a Keystone.

As a bass player, I use an SVT and fridge rig so I am pretty set in my ways in terms for tone. Your driver is known for working in the design, so I say go and make some sawdust and have fun.
I've had four back surgeries and I can tell you that two 810 cabs and something that will go down to two ohms to run them, is the holy grail of bass guitar.
Old 5th September 2019, 03:02 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I looked at the Cubo 12 and it is a bandpass box and that's not good for bass guitar.
The cubo12 does not have a good shot at the port like a T18 does. This is what gives the T18 highs, mids, and lows. The center of the cone is aimed at the port. I think I'm gonna have to take a shot in the dark on this one. A narrow T18 style box fitted for a 12 inch driver.

EV T18Hide this!Advertise here!