First build - Would love some WinISD feedback

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am looking at using this driver for a sub as well. I used to be able to use WinISD, but I cannot get this new version to do anything!!
Anyway I thought no need to re-invent the wheel, I can use you sizes, box is not to big at all.
Couple of points,
- Was your box vol quoted internal or external.
- Have you subtracted the bracing vol from your box total internal vol.
- Are you sure the port's are 1" dia or am I mis-reading.

Cheers

Hey! I'm glad you're interested in the design. The box volume is internal. Bracing volume and port size was subtracted. The internal volume is very close to spec, but not precisely exact. The ports are 2" x 6" rectangles.

I'm still in the middle of the build, and it's taken so much longer than I expected it would. I'm really proud of how it's turning out, as this is my first major woodworking project. And I'm super eager to test it out. My last piece of wood goes on tonight, then the finishing process begins with sanding, priming, and painting.

One thing that I might have changed, was putting on round pvc ports. The wood ports have been an exercise in precision and extra time. I kept feeling like a pvc port would have been way easier, but who knows. Not gonna lie - I've definitely had moments where I wondered if I should have just bought a sub. But like I said, I've learned a ton, I'm proud of it, and it's been a fun project. But I'll be thrilled when it's over.

I've uploaded the model for anyone to view at this link: Fusion At the page, you can rotate, zoom, etc. There's a tool at the bottom for measuring. And if you click on the icon in the top left, you can isolate individual pieces. The back, right, and top pieces didn't come through, but they are the same dimensions as their opposite piece (i.e. top = bottom). One thing I'll add - The modeling around the bend on the port is not exact. I knew what I wanted, and didn't bother adding it into the cad drawing. You'll see the issues if you look at the model up close.

Good luck!

Greets!

Hmm, you lost me; I gather the cab is 3.42 ft^3 net tuned to 24 Hz with [2] 2"x 6" vents? But what is the length and if basically a divided shelf vent was its relatively huge end correction calculated [makes it shorter]?

Regardless, 2"x 6" vents sum to 24"^2 = [24*4/pi]^0.5 = ~5.528" dia./2 = dual ~2.764" dia. pipes, so 3" would be closest normally used.

Per Hornresp and ignoring a shelf's end correction, length is 27.48" with an 18 ms vent mach/100 W, the practical LF power limit.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.