Where to buy CRGO (grain oriented silicone steel) in small quantities?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find grain oriented silicone steel sheets or bands to make my own custom core. Unfortunately I was only able to find in large quantities.

I am hoping that somebody might have come across this problem and perhaps already found a solution. Alternatively if anybody has some leftovers, please drop me a message.

The ideal dimensions would be 0.25mm x 16mm x wide and many metres long.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You live in an industrial Country so certainly there must be lots of people stamping transformer laminations, cutting strips, etc.

That said, unless they already offer such a product in their catalogs, they are qualified to make it for you but given machine setup cost and time waste I doubt anybody would make less than 500kg of it, with 100kg being an absolute minimum.

"Nothing" for a transformer factory, way too much for an end user who only wants to build a couple.

Guess your best bet is to search for ready made cores in a suitable size.

PS: 16mm wide is a very small core size, what´s the end product?
We are in the 6 to 12W tops class, way less if a SE core.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.