Ported Sub to Tapped Horn. Few questions before starting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
GM Word ! Hornresp for Dum... hmm... Everyone ;) - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

So it gives me similar sims as BassBox Pro, except than the frequencies starts wayyyyy later (at 90Hz if I don't mistake) than 40Hz, where I'm already at 122db on BassBoxPro

It's the first time I'm using it so I may have done a mistakes, any help to correct me or that's seems alright ?

RCF LF15N401
LF.JPG

RCF MB15N401
MB.JPG

sim, in black the MB15N401, in grey the LF15N401
Results.JPG

Hey. Each enclosure has its own adantages and disadvantages obviously. And performance or feasibility of these can change with required box volume. For certain weights and sizes, Tapped horn is not the best solution, while for different setup it could be. Some comparisons here seem to be a lot unfair to the bassreflex box. 10dB nonsense is rigged badly most of the time. Also with size for size, we could add TML and bandpass enclosures. I greatly recommend younto settle on sizes and weights first. Then move on with the rest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.