Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Need help for enclosure design
Need help for enclosure design
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2019, 06:14 AM   #1
Csloo is offline Csloo
diyAudio Member

Default Need help for enclosure design

Hi all, I am new here, and I am totally new in diy speakers and subwoofers, so I am seeking help from the masters here.

I have an extra SVS Bash525 plate amp and a Velodyne cht15q driver with me, I wanted to build a sub with them, but I have no idea about the frequency, the q, the v and the other measurement terms of it, i tried download winisd and others, I just cant understand how to fill in the figures and read the graphs...

So I am asking a favour from the kind souls here to help me to design an enclosure form me, I have limited space, the most I can accommodate is 18x18 floor space, but I can built it tall, up to 45. I thought of a tube type but I cant find any 18 diameter tube here, so I was thinking if its ok to built one which is square but tube like tall type.

Thanks in advance!
Old 25th June 2019, 06:26 PM   #2
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Without the driver's T/S specs, can only recommend DIYing the factory cab, i.e. converting its internal volume to fit your space limitations and using its vent tuning if not sealed.

GM
Old 27th June 2019, 06:11 AM   #3
Csloo is offline Csloo
diyAudio Member

Thanks a lot!

Need help for enclosure designHide this!Advertise here!