Need a Infinite Baffle 10Inch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a Audi A5 with a infinite baffle setup. the cars oem sub is in the rear shelf.

Its weak and lets down the sound of the rest of the car. I want to know whats a good infinite baffle sub 10 inch i can swap it with?

I will also be sealing the boot better and covering holes in the shelf.
My budgets only 100GBP not much I know I might stretch it if theres something good but I just want to get rid of the distortion.

Thanks in advance

Ultimax 10" from Parts Express is ~$150, which will probably be over budget by the time you include shipping and duty etc. It has a Qtc ~.5, almost 20mm of excursion etc. Should be a good choice for IB. Peerless by Tymphany 830668 10" Paper Cone SLS has a high Q (.55 I think) but xmax is ~8mm, which might cause you excursion issues. It is only $60 though if you can deal with the limited output. Do you know your limitations in terms of mounting diameter? How much power will you be feeding it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.