Cervin Vega b-36

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
To be honest, I have no idea. I have not even opened mine since they are so nice. Here are some in room measurements at two spots around listening area. So there is output at and even below 40 Hz with a nasty room-mode dips at ca 55 and 110 Hz. Definitely a good buy. I would love to have an extra pair, but it would not fit the room I am afraid.

Attachments

• Bass.jpg
    Bass.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Bass2.jpg
    Bass2.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 89
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Here are some floor level measurements - at the mouth of the horn(s). Single is measured in the middle, both together are measured in the middle of the pair. Great performance for the money, I would say. I am sorry for the typo in the chart.

Attachments

• NFBass1.jpg
    NFBass1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 85
  • NFBass2.jpg
    NFBass2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 81
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Now I have 4 identical bass horns. I use only one pair laying on the side with the mouths together. I wonder what would be the best way of stacking these to produce "wall of sound". The only way to place them in this small room is to pack them close together - in the center of the front wall. Should I place them standing or laying in pairs? The external dimensions would be more or less the same - more than 2/3 of the front wall width.

I wonder if it makes any difference to have the combined mouth in the middle and higher in shape or have it longer and lower close to the floor. The area of the combined mouth would be the same. So the question is, 2x2 or 4x1? (horizontal x vertical)

Attachments

• 4wayHorns.jpg
    4wayHorns.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 65
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.