9" Morel in a sealed box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there

I hope im in the right forum for this:D,
Got a pair of morel MW265 and 267 and the plan is either make -a pair subwoofers or part of my 4 way design (crossed at 500hz) using one of the pairs, although the 267 is in favor since its simply a better driver.

the goal is reaching 30hz before the roll off... but in a sealed box.
from what i have seen around 50hz is the limit for a sealed design with these woofer, but i want to make sure.
so, is it possible?

data sheets:
http://www.lautsprechershop.de/pdf/morel/chassis/morel_mw_265.pdf
http://www.europe-audio.com/datasheets\morel\mw267.pdf

You can use WinISD or Hornresp (steeper learning curve) to figure this out.

FWIW, sealed boxes don't have a "limit" as such - they can produce 1Hz, although usually only fairly quietly.

Chris
I got WinISD but either im doing something wrong or the driver simply gonna roll off at 100hz no matter what I do as long as its in a sealed box.

also should have mentioned that I dont have much knowledge in these stuff in the first place
which was why i opened this thread:eek:

The 267 doesn't favor sealed or vented. A vented box doesn't look bad but is a more advanced build. I wouldn't use them for a sub.
If its not a good idea it doesnt necessarily needs to be a sub then, it can be used as a midbass but the goal is reaching 30hz properly. with the cabinet i got atm (of about 45liter) they reach until 50hz, after that they have extreme roll-off.
I just want to get the most of this driver in a sealed design but im not sure if its possible since i dont have the knowledge (which is why i rather go for sealed because i dont know how to plan a vented box.

The t/s parameters and the construction of the Morel drivers are very close to Dynaudio 24w75 and the older 22w75, with the same size of the voice coil, hexatech technology and other Dynaudio stuff. There is a lot of diy projects with those Dynaudio drivers, just google.

For a subwoofer with 9’ Morel, my choice would be TL
isnt making TL design is of the hardest to plan?:rolleyes:

but I know what u mean, I got 2 way morel with 6.5" midbass in a TL that pretty much can go down 30hz ,pretty sure that even lower in the right placement, (i should measure that) , long ago I even had 2 pair of these stacked for the sport (morel stuff can get extremely cheap here sometimes), bass was probably 20DB+:D , shame i didnt have a mic back then.
index.php

about the dynaudio, from what i have seen around the forum the 24w75 likes to sit in a sealed 80-110liter box?
hell, i can do that but someone here just suggested 13liter box so im starting to get confused.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.