Motional Feedback Dipole Subwoofer with a current amplifier?

Still ACH-01 is not the limitation here. Far from it.
You can in ideal situation reduce distortion by 25dB and in some cases more than 25dB.
Implementation with filters and correct phase and current drive is da sh**t.
Also a wery stiff coupling to the accelerometer.

I added a magnet to the polepiece of the Dayton IB 15" woofer (one out of six) and gained 1.1 dB in sensitivity that means that the 200w chip amplifier get an extra "boost" of 60 watt to 260watt (for the same sound pressure), to do the calculation you can use this calculator: SPL Calculator i know you can´t hear 1.1dB increae in sound pressure but my brain knows that i´m better off then original! :)
I ordered more magnets today to the other elements. The transconductance amplifiers are almost finished and measurements will come soon. I will show you that the distortion is decreasing with "current drive" vs "voltage drive".
Where is the best place to store and link pictures?

Some measurements as promised (one corona-period ago) on MFB and CFB Dipole Woofer.
Happy to say that it works really good!
I have struggled to improve the phase margins at both LF and HF in order to maximize the feedback.
Reached approx 20-25dB in distortion reduction which i consider is enough.
However, once you have started to tweak an wiggle on the knobs, the optimizator nerd in me gets heavily engaged, must be somethin in my nature. :cool:

And the sound?
Playing a pure 30Hz sine wave goes from apperent (no MFB) to almost quiet (with MFB) at the exact same output level!! :eek:
I hope you get the point... higher harmonics tells you the direction of origin in the room. With MFB it dissapears almost.
Without all help from this forum, this project would not gone so well.
Specially thanks to: rscamp, chriscam, bolserst and joe rasmussen

Attachments

• MFB results.jpg
    MFB results.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 303
Some measurements as promised (one corona-period ago) on MFB and CFB Dipole Woofer.
Happy to say that it works really good!
I have struggled to improve the phase margins at both LF and HF in order to maximize the feedback.
Reached approx 20-25dB in distortion reduction which i consider is enough.
However, once you have started to tweak an wiggle on the knobs, the optimizator nerd in me gets heavily engaged, must be somethin in my nature. :cool:

And the sound?
Playing a pure 30Hz sine wave goes from apperent (no MFB) to almost quiet (with MFB) at the exact same output level!! :eek:
I hope you get the point... higher harmonics tells you the direction of origin in the room. With MFB it dissapears almost.
Without all help from this forum, this project would not gone so well.
Specially thanks to: rscamp, chriscam, bolserst and joe rasmussen

Out of curiosity, playing sinwaves, what is your low frequency earing threshold ? From memory, mine is around 35hz.

If diy is not obligatory, this might be an easier way for MFB
Rythmik Audio • Servo subwoofer products
and looks like they are willing to help diyers
Rythmik Audio • Subwoofer enclosure plans
For the Rythmik system to work the driver must have a special sensing coil. You cannot just use any old driver.

For OB, they do partner with GR Research:
http://www.rythmikaudio.com/GRci_OB.html

I am not sure they are working with DIYers anymore. You could contact them. If you purchase all the parts (amp+drivers) from them I do not see why they would not want to help you out.