Does it looks like cone material rot ? Subwoofer 12inch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok members

I have a used subwoofer salvaged from junk ... The woofer is in working condition voice coil is still in good condition no bottoming out coil rubbing noise. I plan to use it for my subwoofer project just to found out its cone has small little pinholes as shown ... Because it is quite a Number of pinholes some already can seen the light from the other side and some holes started to form too. So i wonder it is worth to fix these holes as a few more might getting same problem too. Or it a kind of cone material has gone rotten? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190324_015249.jpg
    IMG_20190324_015249.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20190324_014933.jpg
    IMG_20190324_014933.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 139
No, too small and sharp for acid.
I also think mechanical damage, some sharp spikey object was thrown over it or it was carelessly put face down over some junk.
You reclaimed it from junk after all.

A small drop of carpenter´s glue over each hole will not look nice but effectively seal it.

Push dispenser bottle tip over those passing through and slightly squeeze bottle, so some glue goes through and a small drop appears at the other side, then let all dry overnight.
As Nigel says, the repair will last forever.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.