peerless xls 12 830500 build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i found one of these at good price but after simulating it i see 13 litres sealed 60hz.
i tried bass reflex biger boxes but it doesn't seem to go low.
i wonder why the good words for these subs.
do they play only with liknwits transform or i am doing something wrong?

how did you solve the 510mm length port problem?

510mm long is easy as advised above with one elbow.

The design I did called for a 100mm x 856mm long port if using pipe but a folded 70mm x 112 rectangular port was used. Sat on the bottom of the box like an underground car park with the inlet like a ramp.

Attachments

• 12XLS_folded_port.jpg
    12XLS_folded_port.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 294
Reactions: 1 user
ok the driver arrived and i saw the driver is the car version so thiele small is a little different and it need a bigger box and doesn't play so low.

qts is 0.299
fs is 28.2
vas is 82,7
i wonder how big box can i do for the most extended possible frequency response?

I'm running a LXS 830500 in a 33 l vented box tuned to 23 Hz, using a labyrinth vent.
First I powered it with an old Onkyo 85 W amp .... but have shifted to a Class D 300W .... Onkyo worked but with the Class D amp it is just impressive ;)

Have also tried a closed box with linkwitz transform and around 300 W ..... that didn't work as it simply has too little output.

Go for vented unless you have a lot of drivers ;)

As can be seen on sim of this build, it actually takes 600 W to make the unit max out ... so room for improvement here :)

Attachments

• XLS vented.jpg
    XLS vented.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.