Potential subwoofer enclosure material

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeah, most of the speakers I designed/built for others were typically braced particle board for high Qt and MDF or other large job site scrap for the rest [Atlanta was having a huge building boom] and bonded scrapped porcelain tile from new/rehab bathrooms to really mass load them. Most cabs were tuned in the 40-50 Hz range, so plenty good enough for apartment, college dorm, small cottage rooms they were destined for.

GM

Yeah, most of the speakers I designed/built for others were typically braced particle board for high Qt and MDF or other large job site scrap for the rest [Atlanta was having a huge building boom] and bonded scrapped porcelain tile from new/rehab bathrooms to really mass load them. Most cabs were tuned in the 40-50 Hz range, so plenty good enough for apartment, college dorm, small cottage rooms they were destined for.

GM

I read somewhere your post about how they loaded an Altec cabinet with bricks .....
Because of this, I am looking with interest at a block of marble that is tucked away in a yard .....
Do you think it will really improve the sound of my 150 liter sealed construction? I could cut it out and put it inside. (in the base, obviously)
Keep in mind that my spine already has its breakdowns, I would not like to receive new reprimands from my doctor about it ....:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_20190215_100612.jpg
    IMG_20190215_100612.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 61
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.