Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Potential subwoofer enclosure material
Potential subwoofer enclosure material
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2019, 02:02 AM   #21
man00 is offline man00  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok1958 View Post
I use MDF and brace it like crazy.😆
I say so...but nice
Old 15th February 2019, 02:27 AM   #22
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Yeah, most of the speakers I designed/built for others were typically braced particle board for high Qt and MDF or other large job site scrap for the rest [Atlanta was having a huge building boom] and bonded scrapped porcelain tile from new/rehab bathrooms to really mass load them. Most cabs were tuned in the 40-50 Hz range, so plenty good enough for apartment, college dorm, small cottage rooms they were destined for.

GM
Old 15th February 2019, 12:26 PM   #23
academia50 is online now academia50  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Yeah, most of the speakers I designed/built for others were typically braced particle board for high Qt and MDF or other large job site scrap for the rest [Atlanta was having a huge building boom] and bonded scrapped porcelain tile from new/rehab bathrooms to really mass load them. Most cabs were tuned in the 40-50 Hz range, so plenty good enough for apartment, college dorm, small cottage rooms they were destined for.

GM

I read somewhere your post about how they loaded an Altec cabinet with bricks .....
Because of this, I am looking with interest at a block of marble that is tucked away in a yard .....
Do you think it will really improve the sound of my 150 liter sealed construction? I could cut it out and put it inside. (in the base, obviously)
Keep in mind that my spine already has its breakdowns, I would not like to receive new reprimands from my doctor about it ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190215_100612.jpg (921.3 KB, 32 views)

Potential subwoofer enclosure materialHide this!Advertise here!