recommendation for HT DIY sub driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello guys . i have finally decided to build dual DIY subs . now im looking for the Driver recommendation from u experts which driver should i go for. Which sounds Musical and does deeper and louder . Amplifier i have chosen which is NX-6000D . I have few options in my mind plz let me know should i go for these or other options
1. Scan Spear 32w
2. Jbl W15GTI
3. HST 15MKii
4. Audio Frog GB12D2
5. Dayton Ultimax 15.

Its a Dedicated theater room.
room size is 18'x24'x10'
speakers Polk Audio RtiA9 powered with separate power amplifier
Marantz 7011 AVR

Last edited:
From my experience the Dayton Ultimax series falls far short f expectations. Oneof mine is all ready blown - several ppl have the same issue - they cannot handle serious amounts of power at low frequency < 20hz....thats a deal breaker
If your looking for a very serious sub ,not super expensive, very easy enclosure build the checkout the Peerless by Tymphany STW-350F-188PR01-04 15inch

GM

Joined 2003
That's a big room to fill with home theater bass.

Yeah, I have similar size room and [4] HE 15"/300 W total in ~40 ft^3 [total] is about right for down to ~14 Hz @ THX reference, so with [much] less efficiency it would take more or bigger drivers and the extra power required to offset it, especially if going lower and a major reason why if I ever 'upgrade' it will be with multiple smaller subs spread around the room ala Dr. Geddes' system.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.