My first tapped horn in Hornresp. Critique needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried my hand at Hornresp for the first time. Used a subwoofer that I already have laying around. I think I have something, but I need someone to correct me if there is something wrong. I have no idea if phase respons and so on is correct.

See the attached export from Hornresp, Thiele/Smalls and a screenshot of the box from autocad.

Attachments

• DY9815TH8.txt
    1 KB · Views: 50
  • DY9815_datablad.pdf
    223.3 KB · Views: 272
  • th-box.PNG
    th-box.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 245
Hi Session,

Look at the Hornresp Acoustical Impedance Screen, Your Design.
Your Flawless XO'd BW is no more than what's in between the two Peaks.
Is this what You are targeting? A BW= ~25-60Hz?
Have a look at my Design attempt...

b :)

Attachments

• dynaBel DY9815_TH.jpg
    dynaBel DY9815_TH.jpg
    920.4 KB · Views: 194
Hi Session,

Look at the Hornresp Acoustical Impedance Screen, Your Design.
Your Flawless XO'd BW is no more than what's in between the two Peaks.
Is this what You are targeting? A BW= ~25-60Hz?
Have a look at my Design attempt...

b :)

First of all I have to thank you for your help. It seems to me that you spent some time on this. I have a lot to learn, but your post already tought me some things.

Let me see if I am on to somethings:

Adjust the box so that acoustical impedanse Z is near 0 in the band width you are aming for.

Apply 4. order active filters for low/highpass. In this case set to 145Hz(LP) to "match" the slope of the full range speakers? And HP filter is set to lower than where the curve dippes down, but high enough to spare the cone from to high displacement?

Apply equalizers to even out the curve.

Add fillers to the box.

Am I far off? If I am please correct my statements :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.