Parallel 6th order boombox question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Parallel 6th order boxes seem easy to acomplish starting from sketch and calculations from online sub calculators. By now I had this idea of going down further in my fullrange. I have a post on the sub build pictures thread of my horned sub box. Its is astonishing, giving TRUE 50Hz it produces wind sounds, but it can't go really below say 40Hz. So my plan is to use a 2500-5000w (nit sure the rms rating its just ridiculous. I initially had a pair but gave away one to my neighbor cuz she helped me unloading some stones I managed to pick from my city) 12 sub in a 6th order bandpass with bandwidht from 20hz to 40hz. The compartiments are 50L and 80L. The online sub calculator plotted a graph where this range is well bumped to somewhat like 6 or 10dBs!
I have experience attending to demanded biild parameters like stuffing the walls and bracing, but Im not sure if the more ports you add for each compartment is better. Since it will be honestly purposed for booming I dont care about the boxes attack, phase etc.
Any tips?
I will post the graphs soon.
Thank you!

If the port surface area is large enough, to keep the velocity of the air inside the port, below 5 - 10% (depending on application) of the speed of sound, no wind-sound.

The system doesn't guess, you are. The program just translates your guess for what the ports and chambers should be into a result. If you guess you're unable to correctly input with said program, perhaps you're better of downloading one that can.

Perhaps I have not made myself clear
Next: freq. Response & cone displacement.
The cone should move less not ride to infinity

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-19-19-06-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-19-19-06-04.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_2018-11-19-19-17-42.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-19-19-17-42.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 123
If the port surface area is large enough, to keep the velocity of the air inside the port, below 5 - 10% (depending on application) of the speed of sound, no wind-sound.

The system doesn't guess, you are. The program just translates your guess for what the ports and chambers should be into a result. If you guess you're unable to correctly input with said program, perhaps you're better of downloading one that can.
Oh damn dude you confusing things the wind sound I refer was not an issue it was clear bass created on purpose to test the reproducibility of these sounds by my folded horn. I.E. it doesn't even have ports, its a folded horn.
You guessed wrong.

Last edited:
Sorry for multipost but Im using cellphone and things are not comung together.
Im not trying to be rude. At least if you deal with sound systems you cannot not be rude at all lol
Lets give a speck into this. Im firmly engaged into the notion PA science is not trivial

Help me here

Attachments

• 20181119_215857.jpg
    20181119_215857.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
It's really hard to understand what exactly it is that you want, can you use bullet points to structure your goals or questions, i.e:

• I want this
  • I also want this
  • I need help with

Also could you use neutral descriptions, for example you're saying PA but neither the driver nor the tuning, resembles anything PA-related to me.

The graphs are leaving information out, leading to more guessing. Right now I would guess you're not simulating a parallel 6th order. Regardless, it would be much easier if you show your input parameters instead.

Unless you're going for a closed chamber, cone rise to infinite is going to happen. Whether that's a problem depends on your design, sound processing or playback material.

Johan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.